With a very generous donation from an anonymous source, the NWACUHO Graduate Student Scholarship has been designed to make attendance and participation at our annual NWACUHO conference possible for a full-time graduate student who is interested in working in housing and residence life. The scholarship is specifically designed to provide graduate students with the opportunity to attend and participate in our annual conference. Visit the ACUHO-I STARS College Page!
What is the Award:
This scholarship consists of a waiver of the conference registration fee and reimbursement of up to $250 in travel expenses for the annual conference. One award will be given for the 2012 conference.
How to be considered:
- Complete an application form including responses to “essay” questions.
- A letter of support from nominee’s supervisor showing support for attendance at our annual conference.
- Nominees must either be from a NWACUHO member institution or hold an individual (paying) membership.
- Recipients will be expected to submit an article to the Soundings newsletter for the first publication after the conference.
Criteria used in selection:
Applications will be reviewed through a blind selection process by a sub group of the executive committee using the following criteria:
- Responses to the application questions
- Perceived potential of individual in housing profession
- Stated commitment to profession
Previous recipients include:
- 2012: Nicholas Martin, Oregon State University