With a very generous donation from an anonymous donor, the NWACUHO Graduate Student Scholarship has been designed to make attendance and participation at our annual NWACUHO conference possible for a full-time graduate student who is interested in working in housing and residence life. The scholarship is specifically designed to provide graduate students with the opportunity to attend and participate in our annual conference.
What is the Award:
This scholarship consists of reimbursement of up to $500 in registration & travel expenses for the annual conference. One award will be given for the 2013 conference.
How to be considered:
- Complete an application form including responses to “essay” questions.
- Find application materials here: Graduate Student Scholarship Application
- A letter of support from nominee’s supervisor showing support for attendance at our annual conference.
- Nominees must either be from a NWACUHO member institution or hold an individual (paying) membership.
- Recipients will be expected to submit an article to the Soundings newsletter for the first publication after the conference.
- Download the scholarship form
Criteria used in selection:
Applications will be reviewed through a blind selection process by a sub group of the executive committee using the following criteria:
- Responses to the application questions
- Perceived potential of individual in housing profession
- Stated commitment to profession
Important Dates & Deadlines:
- All application materials must be submitted by Nov 1, 2013
- Applicants will be notified of their status by Nov 15, 2013
Previous recipients include:
- 2012: Nicholas Martin, Oregon State University